Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/josdim2/trashcansinatras.com/forums/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/josdim2/trashcansinatras.com/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/josdim2/trashcansinatras.com/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/josdim2/trashcansinatras.com/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3712: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3714: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3715: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3716: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
trashcansinatras.com • View topic - tcs dvd options - looking for opinions

trashcansinatras.com

trashcansinatras.com message boards

Skip to content

tcs dvd options - looking for opinions

general website and message board news and information

tcs dvd options - looking for opinions

full acoustic concert
1%
full 'plugged in' concert
12%
just give me any concert, i don't care what kind
No votes
compilation of songs from various concerts and other footage
19%
bring back the original videos lost and found
9%
just give me any compilation, i don't care what time period
No votes
i have a problem - i'd like a concert and a compilation
9%
i have a serious problem - i'd like all concerts and compilations
42%
other - please describe
4%

Total votes : 63

Postby graemetcs » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:47 pm

Not quite the cat's pj's matthias but the latest video bit on the sunset strip site does the split screen thingy during the main attraction. It's not on for long though so don't blink or you'll miss it.
graemetcs

Postby RALFWIGGUM » Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:52 pm

Anything would be greatly appreciated, and I, too, would be willing to pay whatever it cost to help make it affordable and hopefully profitable for the band. I think I can speak for most when I say that daily checks of the web site are a ritual and new news/posts/gigs are like gold. Thanks Joe and keep up the great work.
RALFWIGGUM

Postby admin » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:58 am

thanks for the feedback.

the band are forging ahead with a concert dvd - the midnight troubadour show from october 8, 2004. it was filmed with 5 cameras and multi-tracked on pro tools. the video is being edited now and the audio mixing will start shortly. the show is around 80 minutes so there should also be some bonus content as well, we're just trying to figure out what makes sense out of what's available. i'm hoping this will be available in the fall (october-ish).

i think there will be a separate compilation dvd of newer videos, live performances, interviews, etc. afterwards and i'm also looking at some options that are quick and inexpensive to also make the original videos lost and found available on dvd.

if anyone has filmed any tcs stuff and we haven't already talked about it, can you please let me know. you will not be shot or banned from further concerts. i'd like to get copies of whatever is available so there are more choices for the compilation. thanks.
i was on the brink of writing something really, really great when my pen ran out of...
admin
Site Admin

Postby tleavitt » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:38 pm

Oh yay--that was a great show! I even remember most of it, I think.
Bearing all the hallmarks of a damn good time...
tleavitt

Postby phil spector » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:48 pm

Will that be the fall 2005? You know how quick the Trash Can's are at churning out material.............
www.plainorpan.com
phil spector

Postby wockawockawocka » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:29 am

aaahhh bite it, you cute murdering bastard! :) they can't help that they're slow! that's what the SPECIAL short bus is for, you know...

luv
jo
"I don't know any cool quotes."

-- --------Anonymous------------
wockawockawocka

Postby gunshotboy » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:50 am

wot about P.Forde (genius),
G.Mcdaid cameos (?) ........lost and found
gunshotboy

Postby admin » Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:48 pm

i think where this is heading is down the path of 2 live dvds for starters.

one will be the midnight troubadour show from 10/8/04, and probably include some bonus tracks (such as unreleased kcrw videos, march 2004 troubadour show). the midnight show is basically done being edited but the pro tools mix is still in progress. it will be a region free dvd and in ntsc format. i'd like to get it done by the end of the year but we'll see how that goes.

the second dvd would be the glasgow abc show from june 2005 with some bonus tracks (possibly from last week in falkirk). it would be a region free dvd in pal format. i'd also like to get this done by the end of the year, but we'll see. jim.video is hard at work...but no pressure, jim!

both concerts and bonus footage were shot with 5+ cameras, so they should be more interesting to watch than some of the old videos.

for those of you that don't know, ntsc is the video format used in north america and japan and pal is the format used in the uk and most of europe. my experience is that most dvd players and computers can play both formats, but it's possible that someone in the usa may not be able to play a pal dvd, or someone in the uk might not be able to play an ntsc dvd. but instead of making the same concert available in pal and ntsc, we decided to go with two different concerts so anyone who wants a dvd will at least be able to get one.

a compilation dvd is still possible but it's too much work to put together from all of the available footage, so we decided that first focusing on specific concerts would be more efficient and better quality.

i'll let people know when there is more info, but let me know if you have any questions.
i was on the brink of writing something really, really great when my pen ran out of...
admin
Site Admin

Postby hopesalot » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:40 pm

My tiny heart overflowing with gladness for all that you do, Joe, to bring little me the feeling I've seen these lov'ed ones "live". I just got Troubadour and Fez and got all teary seeing them all play together---all the old songs new... My dream come true...
dreeeeam,dream dream....
hopesalot

Postby meatismurder » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:25 pm

i definately want the lost and found videos on dvd. you can take alot of the footage on the first tape out. very bad sound quality. or too much backround noise. it's cool seeing the footage of them playing in their room and out and about shopping. them being silly it would be cool if they did a compilation of the weightlifting tour. i like the dvd that belle and sebastian came out with called for fans only. i think thats a great model how it should be done but of course tcs would do it better.
meatismurder

Postby admin » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:08 pm

there is quite a bit of weightlifting era footage (actually, post AHP) from concerts, in-stores, sound checks, off-stage, in the studio, etc. honestly, that's part of the reason why a dvd comp hasn't come out, it would take a while to go through and pull out the good/interesting bits. whatever it is (if ever), it would be marketed as "for fans only" though (i.e. may be dodgy quality).

Edited By admin on 1216177724
admin
Site Admin

Re: tcs dvd options - looking for opinions

Postby aero7 » Tue May 04, 2010 5:54 am

he KCRW DVD was great for the sound quality. i would love to see a full concert "plugged in" like midnight at the troubadour, only a better recording and with music from all albums. i would love to post my suggested play list for such a concert. LOL.
aero7

Previous

Return to admin news