trashcansinatras.com

trashcansinatras.com message boards

Skip to content

The New Single-Best Days On Earth

general discussions and questions about the band or anything else that comes to mind

The New Single-Best Days On Earth

Postby rhetor » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:47 pm

With four posts at a time, I am trying to do my part to bring the forum back to life to help promote the new material...not everyone, surely, is an FB fan and turns to it for news and discussion of TCS. Time was one could count on half a dozen posts a day round these parts, and now...silence fom mid August!

Any way, what is your reaction to the newly birthed single...?

Mostly strong responses from what I have seen so far...and personally, I think it has all the right stuff to go very far indeed. If it gets any kind of promotion at all, then I think the song has plenty of legs to do the rest on its own. So, is there any word on that? Will there be a physical release of any kind? Promo copies to radio stations? Too early still to say?
rhetor

Re: The New Single-Best Days On Earth

Postby kasm » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:52 am

Beautiful and uplifting - Can't wait for the full album.
kasm

Postby Robland » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:45 pm

I love it, but it makes more excited/impatient for the full album. I am trying not to overplay it actually. I listened to it like 10 times a day the week it came out.
Robland

Postby JPatrick » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:03 pm

The teaser for Ain't That Something is the shortest piece of music to be stuck in my head for two days...
JPatrick

Postby thebookiesbible » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:58 am

rhetor wrote:....bring the forum back....

I agree. I'm not a huge fan of Facebook but it's where the cool cats live, so I guess we need to move with the times.

As for BDoE? It's a belter of a tune. Very uplifting and great to hear the band are still in love with music and life. It's also had a fair share of airplay in the UK - Radio Scotland for one. Hopefully more stations will get the opportunity to air it.

What about 'Ain't That Something'? - that's another cracker. I love the little compliment to 'The Genius I Was' in the guitar work about half way through - to my ears at least.

If the other tracks on the album are as good, we're in for a very pleasant January.
thebookiesbible

Return to message board