Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/josdim2/trashcansinatras.com/forums/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3712: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3714: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3715: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3716: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
trashcansinatras.com • View topic - Sam Lee

trashcansinatras.com

trashcansinatras.com message boards

Skip to content

Sam Lee

general discussions and questions about the band or anything else that comes to mind

Sam Lee

Postby DifferentFrank » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:54 pm

DK how many of you follow John on FB, but he recently had a post on the music which had been helped make his convalescence a little better; he mentioned a singer named Sam Lee, who sings British folk music -- the kind of old folk music which Ralph Vaughan Williams would have taken down in his notebooks a hunnert years ago.

I suspect that those of you in the UK have already heard of Lee, but he was news to me in the US. I listened to a song or two on YouTube, was very impressed, and quickly DL'd his album (the CD is a very expensive import through Amazon.com). And then had a family member in London pick up his EP and bring it back with her. I can't recommend it highly enough -- seriously, and I don't think it's going to wear thin with repeated listenings the way Mumford & Sons has (for me).

Thanks, John!
"If an epicure could remove by a wish, in quest of sensual gratifications, wherever he had supped he would breakfast in Scotland." - Johnson
DifferentFrank

Return to message board