trashcansinatras.com

trashcansinatras.com message boards

Skip to content

Is Paul a TV Star

general discussions and questions about the band or anything else that comes to mind

Is Paul a TV Star

Postby tcsboy » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:51 am

I was watching Monk last night. You know, the OCD detective in San Francisco. If you haven't seen it, look it up. The show is excellent. Anyway, in season 7, episode 7 (Mr. Monk's 100th Case), Paul is partying it up in the background. I have been to many concerts and have spoken with "the boys" many times. I may be off my rocker, but take a look and see for yourself.

So, Paul, you aren't going to leave the band to become a movie star are you?

Has this been discussed before and it has just been so long ago that I have forgotten. I tried to search for it in this forum, but no success.
I'm looking on the bright side, but I still don't see the light!
tcsboy

Re: Is Paul a TV Star

Postby Paul » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:18 pm

Oh! Hahaha! Yeah, when I first moved to L.A. I did some work as an extra. 'twas fun and interesting for a while, but y'know I cannot act so I stopped it. I was also on Californication, Desperate Housewives, Ghost Whisperer...oh and Iron Man 2!!!!! Yeah!
Paul

Postby rhetor » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:16 pm

Cool! That will make watching TV a lot more fun now, playing "Where's Paul?" or "Spot the Trashcan" during crowd scenes. Who's that orderly pushing the crash cart on House...could it be...?
rhetor

Hey Paul, Love Monk!

Postby mojo » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:58 pm

I remember the episode, but will have to watch it more closely on the next rerun.

Did you get to interact with the cast much?

Do you even like the show much?
mojo

Postby admin » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:16 pm

for the 100th monk episode, you will be mad at yourself that you didn't notice paul the first time - he's in virtually every scene set in the house.

i don't know which monk episode it was, but there is another at the beginning, with a bum pushing a shopping cart or running around and he goes right by paul, who turns to stare at him.

for californication, it was an episode where there is a big party (i think season 2) and paul is very clearly walking down some steps in the background when marcy is talking to herself...i can't remember if he was also in a scene in the house.

there was an episode of dangerous minds (?) with jason alexander and i had to watch it very closely but there are a couple of scenes - one where paul is at the bottom of a staircase and another where he is walking up some stairs outside - you see his bald head from the back!

i can't remember others, but it was like a game trying to find him...some easier than others!
i was on the brink of writing something really, really great when my pen ran out of...
admin
Site Admin

Postby DifferentFrank » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:54 pm

admin wrote:you see his bald head from the back!

Bald or shaved?

And where have you been these many months, off on another one of those Navy SEAL escapades you can't talk about?
"If an epicure could remove by a wish, in quest of sensual gratifications, wherever he had supped he would breakfast in Scotland." - Johnson
DifferentFrank

Postby ShafferGeek » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:50 pm

Okay, now I have to go back and watch those episodes again. I love Monk, but I doubt it would ever occur to me to look for a favorite musician in the background. I'm just not that detail-oriented without prodding.
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks."
ShafferGeek

Postby trashcansfan » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:26 pm

ah, Netflix is so great for times like this. Very cool Paul!
trashcansfan

Postby linburger » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:10 pm

Paul! You sly thing! Regrettably, I don't watch any of these shows but I especially love that you were on Desperate Housewives. I'm thinking they cast you as a pool/cabana boy?!?! LOL!
linburger

Postby tcsboy » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:34 pm

ShafferGeek wrote:Okay, now I have to go back and watch those episodes again. I love Monk, but I doubt it would ever occur to me to look for a favorite musician in the background. I'm just not that detail-oriented without prodding.

I tend to be a little "Monkish" myself, so it was hard to miss. It's a gift and a curse.
I'm looking on the bright side, but I still don't see the light!
tcsboy

Postby rhetor » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:31 pm

Okay I have now caught up in monk on netflix, and I have to say it was pretty obviously paul in that party scene. But having also recently seen iron man 2, I am still scratching my head...what scene was that, Paul?
rhetor

Postby Paul » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:24 pm

Yeah, you cannae see me. I know where i was at and I can see me in one or two bits, but it's not very impressive.
Paul

Return to message board