Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/josdim2/trashcansinatras.com/forums/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3712: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3714: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3715: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3716: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
trashcansinatras.com • View topic - Did I meet you at Eddi's gig in Ashford ?

trashcansinatras.com

trashcansinatras.com message boards

Skip to content

Did I meet you at Eddi's gig in Ashford ?

general discussions and questions about the band or anything else that comes to mind

Did I meet you at Eddi's gig in Ashford ?

Postby j.r.douglas » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:43 am

I bumped into someone from the messageboard at Eddi Reader gig in Ashford last night. Unfortunately I had no time to chat and I didn't catch your name..so please accept my apologies and, if you read this, let me know what you thought of the gig.
j.r.douglas

Re: Did I meet you at Eddi's gig in Ashford ?

Postby iansuestan » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:52 am

Hi John,

Yes it was me (ian of 'iansuestan') who shook your hand at the gig on Saturday. As I said to my wife when I caught up with her outside, I think I just embarrassed myself talking to one of my musical heroes! It was similar when I spoke to Frank at the Bloomsbury gig last year...you want to express what the music has meant to you over the years and end up sounding like a starstruck teenager....so please accept my apologies for talking nonsense when you were trying to catch up with Eddi....

Anyway, the gig was excellent, I would recommend anybody who hasn't seen Eddi to get a ticket and treat yourself, she has got a fantastic voice and the between song banter kept the evening going nicely. My wife, who despairs about my obsession with music and all things trashcans said it was the best gig I've dragged her along to for years. Even 'Stan (the 11 year old of 'iansuestan') said he thought it was good which is saying something from a JLS/X Factor fan! (I'm trying to indoctrinate him but it is proving difficult).

Thanks for a great evening...

iansuestan
iansuestan

Postby j.r.douglas » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:05 pm

Glad you got in touch, Ian, also happy that the family enjoyed the gig. Maybe next time I will have more time to chat. Thanks for saying hello !!
j.r.douglas

Met you in San Diego

Postby mojo » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:00 pm

You guys were the most cordial musicians I've ever met.

For those of you who didn't have a chance in San Diego, or any other show in TCS history, these guys are phenomenal musicians and first rate gentlemen. They came out after the show in San Diego to yuck it up with us Yanks. They talked about anything and everything, not just music. And I didn't feel nervous! They just opened up and kept talking to us.

Thanks John. My wife really appreciated talking with you. Unfortunately, we were so excited that we forgot to take a picture with you (she loves the striped shirts and vows to get a replica and take a picture with you some day). We got Frank and your bro only. Next time.

BTW- You earned quite a few fans that day. The "church" spot hosts acoustic music throughout the year, and many who attended came because they are members of the association. They raved about your music and said it was perhaps the best acoustic show they had attended at the venue...EVER! And that venue has seen many (including John Sebastian).
mojo

Postby fuzzbox » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:25 pm

Always a pleasure to meet up with the Trashcans at any time, and you guys are so modest. I bumped into Stephen recently at the Dylan gig in Glasgow and announced that I am a massive fan, to which he replied – so am I! Of course I meant TCS and Stephen meant Dylan.
...it might be too late tomorrow!
fuzzbox

Return to message board