trashcansinatras.com

trashcansinatras.com message boards

Skip to content

Your favorite top down road song.....TCS songs only please

general discussions and questions about the band or anything else that comes to mind

Your favorite top down road song.....TCS songs only please

Postby sleepypoliceman » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:12 pm

I am partial to "Trouble Sleeping" when I am cruising. Last year while driving through the mountains of Colorado with the top down this song came on the MP3 and it just felt right 8)
sleepypoliceman

Re: Your favorite top down road song.....TCS songs only please

Postby sleepypoliceman » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:14 pm

Feel free to respond should you not have a top to put down :wink:
sleepypoliceman

Postby DifferentFrank » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:27 pm

You know, I misread the thread title. I thought you only wanted responses from the band, not us proles.

But I can certainly get into the concept of Trouble Sleeping as a road tune over some grand, desolate space.

A couple weeks ago my wife and I spent a few days in Vermont, one of my favorite places on the planet. The weather wasn't really conducive for the full relaxation I've felt there in prior years, nor were we in what I think of as its more scenic areas. But when I go in the Green Mountains area (route 100-ish) nothing seems so appropriate for that area as the song "Weightlifting." The more so if I were to have actually been on a bike, rather than in a rented car. I really do feel a great weight lifting when I get to Vermont.
"If an epicure could remove by a wish, in quest of sensual gratifications, wherever he had supped he would breakfast in Scotland." - Johnson
DifferentFrank

Postby sleepypoliceman » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:52 pm

Thx for posting Frank. My post was getting lonely. I was struggling with weightlifting being my favorite but I had to choose. As for my original title, I failed to add the word "songs" and changed it after you sent me the pm. It did appear as if that was my intent. Since the band posts once in awhile feel free to comment with a favorite cruising song other than one of your own :D otherwise I would like to know what TCS song or songs the fans like to cruise to. 8)
sleepypoliceman

Postby rerics » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:37 pm

I have two choices, one for reflective/subdued moments and the other song which is relatively more energetic. The first choice would be The Engine, though not because of the obvious metaphor. The second would be I'll Get Them In.
rerics

Postby phantasmo33 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:59 pm

Make Yourself at Home

Not only my favorite top down road song, but my favorite all around. While it's a bit tough to get the top down on my Subaru wagon, I have been known to crank this sucker and belt it out at the top of my lungs when it comes on in the car.

(I'll Get Them In is a close second, Randy).
"Never go with a hippie to a second location." - Jack Donaghy
phantasmo33

Postby sleepypoliceman » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:10 am

rerics wrote:I have two choices, one for reflective/subdued moments and the other song which is relatively more energetic. The first choice would be The Engine, though not because of the obvious metaphor. The second would be I'll Get Them In.

rerics-

Who are those young energetic looking lads in your avatar? TCS maybe?
sleepypoliceman

Postby rerics » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:09 pm

Yep, maybe. :wink:
rerics

Postby airzots » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:26 am

Post sundown, introspection I'd have to second "Weightlifting" or "I Wish You'd Met Her". For daytime driving, something peppier - "Welcome Back", "The Genius I Was" or "Prisons". Matter of fact, I'm driving to Chicago today, I'll have to load up on the TCS!
airzots

Postby sleepypoliceman » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:33 am

airzots wrote:Post sundown, introspection I'd have to second "Weightlifting" or "I Wish You'd Met Her". For daytime driving, something peppier - "Welcome Back", "The Genius I Was" or "Prisons". Matter of fact, I'm driving to Chicago today, I'll have to load up on the TCS!

Nice selection. Be careful in the windy city :wink:
sleepypoliceman

All the Dark Horses

Postby mojo » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:05 pm

Can't beat that in an open field, with the wind in your hair (or what's left of it in my case).

Apples and Oranges is a nice drive in the dark evening song.

However, the entire Cake album can't be played over and over enough on a long drive to anywhere (not specific enough, but who cares).
mojo

Postby ShafferGeek » Tue May 01, 2012 12:31 pm

Had a longish drive to Nashville recently, and found myself cueing up whole CD's of TCS. :D The Engine is a fabulous driving tune for late nights (like the previous poster, I think it's not the obvious metaphor, but the sound that lends itself well to cool evenings, dark & starry skies, trees, etc.). Really enjoyed I Wish You'd Met Her, but I think the hands-down, absolute favorite, crank-the-volume-and-sing-along-loudly tune is The Pop Place.
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks."
ShafferGeek

Postby osucobra » Tue May 08, 2012 7:43 am

Hello all,
I'm back after a slight pause...about 8 years I think!! However, I am still buying the music and still watching the band live, it's one of life's mysteries why Frank never seems to age....!

At the moment I am massively into Weightlifting 1...the soaring melodies, Bacharach style key changes still make me shiver. Played it constantly to and from work the other day, belting it out at the top of my voice!

Wightlifting 2, I struggle with. Plodding bass line, funereal vocals, TCS at their most introspective. A bit too Automatic For The People. That's no bad thing, as AFTP remains my favourite album of all time. I just don't think it blended with the album very well.

Lovely to be back, amongst friends.

Toodlepip!

Coby
osucobra

Postby cjelephant » Thu May 10, 2012 12:21 am

For top down driving? WIth the volume turned up?

It has to be One at a Time
cjelephant

Return to message board