Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/josdim2/trashcansinatras.com/forums/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3712: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3714: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3715: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3716: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
trashcansinatras.com • View topic - Martini Ranch - who's going?

trashcansinatras.com

trashcansinatras.com message boards

Skip to content

Martini Ranch - who's going?

general discussions and questions about the band or anything else that comes to mind

Martini Ranch - who's going?

Postby oneofthem » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:36 pm

Hoping AZ fans show up in numbers at Scottsdale and Tucson. I know TCS has been here in the past, but I never got to see them at home and consider this a fortunate opportunity. I have no sense for how good the fan base is in the Phoenix area. I've encountered a few people in the past, here and there. No comments on facebook for Martini Ranch. Post it here if you're going.
oneofthem

Re: Martini Ranch - who's going?

Postby admin » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:42 pm

it'll be interesting to see. they played in tempe in 2004 and never in tucson...new/long-since visited markets are hit or miss.

they will be on kxci in tucson at 5:30 on the 27th. maybe that'll draw some people out.
i was on the brink of writing something really, really great when my pen ran out of...
admin
Site Admin

Postby Doug » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:59 am

I will be there. My first show in the 18 years I have been a fan. I can't believe I almost didn't find out about this show.

I will be the 40 year old white guy quietly swaying to the music with a pint in hand. :wink:
Doug

Postby admin » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:52 am

how did you find out about the show?

one of those mysteries, since every current or former tcs fan isn't on the mailing list or doesn't check the website or facebook...we need to get to those people somehow.
i was on the brink of writing something really, really great when my pen ran out of...
admin
Site Admin

Postby oneofthem » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:30 pm

I've been telling anyone and everyone, but most have no sense of what they're missing. I even met a Scottish gent working at a Circle K and told him. He was moderately interested, but heading out on holiday. Said he might get his niece to go. I think I'll call a radio station today to see if they'll play a tune and mention the show.
oneofthem

Postby Doug » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:56 pm

I read about it in the Phoenix New Times (local free weekly).
Doug

Postby bhendricks9 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:35 pm

I'll be there. Was at the show in 2004 at the Marquee but I had the flu so my enjoyment factor was somewhat limited unfortunately. No health issues tonight, so I'm beyond looking forward to seeing one of my favorite bands of all time. Hope there is at least a respectable crowd tonight...and that they play The Best Man's Fall. HA! :D
bhendricks9

Postby DifferentFrank » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:32 pm

Doug wrote:I read about it in the Phoenix New Times (local free weekly).

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/uponsu ... ate_20.php
"If an epicure could remove by a wish, in quest of sensual gratifications, wherever he had supped he would breakfast in Scotland." - Johnson
DifferentFrank

Postby rerics » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:09 am

Nice write up, though the best part may have been the bit at the end about the local DJ and the Charlatans UK.
rerics

Postby oneofthem » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:26 pm

TCS - you were brilliant last night! People have no idea what they're missing. A respectable fan showing, but respectable at best. :? Still a bit disappointed at the turnout. I estimated about 75, but some were roaming around so there may have been more. On behalf of all Phoenicians and Scottsdalians, I apologize we didn't get more of the fan base out to see you.

I must admit though, the crowd last night seemed more appreciative (maybe a more authentic following) than the crowds I met at San Diego and San Juan Capistrano the past 2 years. I met great people there, but the core fans seemed a smaller group and their enthusiasm not as noticeable as last night. Maybe they're used to seeing TCS more.

Had no idea Scottsdale was TCS's first ever US show in 1991. Nice bit of trivia. I was in Australia in 1991 where I first heard Maybe I should Drive and fell in love. Meanwhile, TCS is in my hometown at the same time, yet it takes me 19 years to finally see you here. Hope you come back. With a little time I'll do more to get people out. It's a bit warm for you guys, but we love the weather now as it's mild for us. Maybe Nov-Jan if it fits a future tour (our coolest months). Thanks for the show.

bhendricks9 - nice to meet you last night. So funny we are neighbors and you actually came with my next door neighbor. Small world. Glad they got your request in. Great version of Best Man's Fall. They didn't get to my request, but happy to hear so many songs from the first two albums, including my all-time fave, Only Toungue Can Tell. :D
oneofthem

Return to message board