Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/josdim2/trashcansinatras.com/forums/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3712: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3714: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3715: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3716: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
trashcansinatras.com • View topic - What say we get this forum active again!

trashcansinatras.com

trashcansinatras.com message boards

Skip to content

What say we get this forum active again!

general discussions and questions about the band or anything else that comes to mind

What say we get this forum active again!

Postby rerics » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:50 pm

Now with the superb Wild Pendulum released, we need to get this forum crackin' again. I miss the discussions here, and not everyone has Facebook or prefers that venue for discussing the Trashcans.

I intend to put my opinions about Wild Pendulum in another thread, as well as create a thread for discussing the shows on this early tour.

Here's hoping a few diehards are still checking in...

Randy
rerics

Re: What say we get this forum active again!

Postby rhetor » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:38 pm

Yes! Please, everyone browsing here, post something! Your favourite new song, tour anecdotes, band sightings, radio plays caught, anything!!!
rhetor

Postby rerics » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:52 pm

Hey rhetor, good to see someone else here!

You might be interested in this story: at the Eugene OR house party, Paul asked me if I was the one on the message board who was the Latin teacher. I said no, why? He said there was someone who's name meant "teacher" in Latin. I suppose that's close enough to be referring to you?
rerics

Postby rhetor » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:53 am

Yep, that's me! I teach Latin, but in the Toronto area. I remember having that conversation with Paul at the Toronto house party, and I think he even mentioned something about it in the "tour diary" they put up online after the 2011 tour, so must have stuck in his memory--kinda cool! Very jealous that you got a second go at the house part tour; I was pleading for a Canada extension this time around but it didn't work out logistically, apparently, so I am hoping there will be another leg in the near future!
rhetor

Postby mrobsession » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:21 am

Great album. Great seeing the band twice in California. Just leaves me hoping for more after such a long drought. Cheers to anyone still watching this board!

--David
mrobsession

Postby Snobby » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:47 pm

Hi to all, as we press on further into the post-forum era of electronic communication!

Saw the band in Eugene, Seattle and Portland--my third lifetime round of playing groupie for a run of shows in the PacNW. Absolutely spectacular shows this time; by the Portland show my date was familiar enough with the music/lyrics to end up crying during I See the Moon.

On a random note, I loved the song the band used as entrance music for these shows. If anyone has an ID for the song I would love to know.

The new album is nigh perfect.

Best wishes to all out there in TCS land.
Snobby

Return to message board